Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My children spent an entire week ramping up for Mother's Day. Each day they spent countless hours (and amounts of glitter glue) on special projects for Mommy. The morning of Mother's Day was met with almost as much delight as Christmas morning! For Abby, it was all about serving breakfast in bed...which consisted of toast, cereal (with milk in a separate bowl because Mommy doesn't like soggy cereal) and of course ice water.

The kids had set a goal to complete 10 crafts for me throughout the week to give as gifts when the special day arrived. I can tell you they far exceeded that goal!

And my husband was just as incredible. His gift to me was 4 truck loads of dirt. Sounds romantic, doesn't it? In reality, it was! He finished two large planters for me and commissioned me to begin shopping for the flowers and trees to occupy the new space. I'm thrilled.

It was a wonderful Mother's Day. There were moments when I could hardly speak, as I was so overwhelmed with gratitude. What a blessing that God has allowed me the privilege of being a Mom to these 4 amazing children. Now I must remember to keep that gratitude in the forefront of my mind as I jump back into the normal routine of life. It's so easy to lose focus.

No comments: