Wednesday, January 20, 2010

You Talkin' to Me?

About a week ago I began going through a book my Mom gave me titled "The Prayer That Changes Everything" and found myself realizing how lax my prayer life has become as of late. Then at Girlfriends Night at church I won a door prize which contained the books "The Prayer of Jabez" and "Beyond Jabez". A couple of days later a dear friend called me troubled by some very difficult circumstances. We ended the conversation by saying these are the moments when we just ask God for a miracle....only one day later her miracle came! God answered in a mighty way. The next day my neighbor called saddened by the news that a family dog had run away. She mentioned she was shooting up a prayer, so I told her I was going to do the same. 10 minutes later she called back "You're never going to believe this...the dog just came home!"


I was beginning to sense a theme here. As I stood there in awe of God's power, I half heartedly joked "God, are you talkin' to me?" And then I heard him speak - "Karen, are you talking to ME?" I think I can see the first area of my life in need of Revival - Prayer.

3 comments:

The Williams Five said...

Wow Karen that is so neat to hear how God is working in your life! I'm so thankful that my miracle was a part of that!

Jenny said...

Because it sounds like you need more books to add to your reading list :), I can strongly recommend A Praying Life by Paul Miller. I'm not all the way through it yet, but it gives fresh and practical insight into establishing a consistent prayer life.

Unknown said...

Bless you, Karen!!!

Aunt Barbie