Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last Day of School

It was a slightly emotional "last walk to school" this morning (well, for Mommy anyway). Along the way, we were talking about how after this day Abby would officially be a 4th grader, James a 2nd grader and Josiah a Kindergartner...that's when it really hit me. My kids are growing up so quickly!


As if that alone wasn't enough to choke a Mama up, seeing my children's amazing teachers again filled me with such gratitude. They did a remarkable job this year and after having homeschooled my children, I have a little better understanding of how much they invest into their students. Abby and Mr. Thompson
James and Ms. Lutes.The teachers at Meridian Elementary have a fun tradition on the last day of school. All staff members (and numerous parents) come out on the front lawn of school and with bus horns blaring, everyone waves goodbye to the students.As you can see from the picture, that's Josiah plugging his ears ~ it is REALLY loud. Literally every bus and many of the cars are honking as they drive away. Its a fun wrap up to a great year!

No comments: