Thursday, March 5, 2009

15 Years Ago...

...Jimmy and I began this exciting journey called marriage. March 5, 1994 at the ripe old ages of 19 and 20, we walked down the aisle as two separate individuals and united ourselves permanently together into one. Here are the random memories I have of that big day:

- Getting my hair and nails done with my bridesmaids at Salon Madera. Ringlets for everybody! Then having to drive through town in my "Blue Bubble" wearing a flannel shirt with a fluffy veil poking out on top.

- Grabbing Deborah McCoo as she walked into the church and asking her to run to Safeway to buy a loaf of bread and a CapriSun because we had forgotten to bring anything for communion.

- Later appreciating that loaf of bread when Jimmy almost passed out in the receiving line. Nerves had caused him to forget to eat all day, so he would shove a slice of bread in his mouth in between hugging guests as they came through the line.

- Dawn Finley handing us a bottle of champagne as she walked through the line saying "After almost 5 years of 'Saying No'...you might need this tonight." ha ha!

- Denise and Mike Ceilo singing a duet and choking me up.

- "Cherishing a Moment" during the ceremony, at the recommendation of a friend. Stopping for a second and purposing to capture a moment of the ceremony in my head and heart forever.

- Decorating eachothers faces with cake :)

- Dancing with my Dad and crying tears of joy as he told me he was proud of me.

- Our friends not only decorating my GeoMetro, but actually lifting it up and moving it onto the sidewalk!

- Stopping by my parent's house on the way to pick up our undecorated escape car and realizing I was entering the house as a married woman.

- Walking into the hotel room together knowing that by the will and grace of God, I had just married my best friend. Thank you Lord for the gift of our marriage!

5 comments:

Munson Family Vaues said...

I am so happy to have shared that special day with you. Congratulations!!!

Jennifer said...

I love watching one of the best relationships work so well. I have learned so much from you both and can't wait to see what the next 15 years will bring!

The Earnhardt Family said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. I love the pic. Isabella was looking at it with me and goes, "that doesn't look like the daddy". I told her it was a long time ago. Too funny. Can't wait to chat later.

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary, Jimmy and Karen!

Angie Swanson said...

March 5th? Are you sure? Just had to check in case...you know.... you couldn't quite remember....I mean....what's your excuse? I have an elderly brain on my side of excuses.... :-)